Cichlid found dead. CSI NY on the case!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Came home and found a Blue Hap dead! Just tucked in the corner on its side gasping and gasping. By the time I set up the hospital tank and netted it, it had passed :(

Water parameters.

Temp 78

pH 8.2

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0.5

What I'm thinking is there is so much digging and the two yellow labs holding, babies in the tank now and fish being chased away from the hole that had been dug, is it possible that the fish got too close and was beat up or stressed? If any fish go near the tunnel they get chased around the tank like crazy!! Even the boss stays away.

Well that's it. I can't explain the death. He like healthy, no marks or signs of disease.

Stress will do it. Some fish are more sensitive than others.
I've had a couple go like that in the past.
Sorry for the loss. Poor fish.

AndrewsPistol said:

Yeah sad.

Water said:
Stress will do it. Some fish are more sensitive than others.
I've had a couple go like that in the past.
Sorry for the loss. Poor fish.

Thanks water. I'm thinking he got to close to the fry maybe?

If there was something going around in the tank you would see dead fry. I'm willing to bet it was stressed out from getting to close numerous times.

Malawi Freak said:
If there was something going around in the tank you would see dead fry. I'm willing to bet it was stressed out from getting to close numerous times.

Ok good to know...

Yeah...D dont sweat it...I found one dead the other day as well. It just happens. Maybe stress, maybe he got bullied, maybe he had some weird birth defect on the inside. Watch the others and dont sweat it.

Back
Top Bottom