Cichlid Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been researching a ton about breeding and selling African cichlids, but now it's happened before I could prepare In my mixed African tank. Among one of the two pairs among like 10 fish! Anyways my yellow lab is sittin pretty in her own 10 gal tank and it is day 14 since the the nasty dance :) and I noticed little eyes and moving mouths in her mouth! What I'm trying to figure out is what next. I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. I do kinda want a 4 week schedule but I feel like that's not gonna be an easy find. Anyways I want to know what to do ahead of time! As of now I need to put a sponge around the intake of my filter before it's too late. Whats the next thing I need to do aside from preparing a food source for the fry. I haven't seen them spit out yet but I have noticed that they seem to be able to kinda swim aside from the fact that I think it looks like they are kinda attached to the egg. What happens after this and what do I do? Please help!!!!!
And also I figured that I'd post it here as I feel that more people have experience breeding cichlids under the cichlid page rather than the breeding page :)
And does anybody know a site that can tell me what to do as the process progresses? Thanks a lot and fish on :)

Back
Top Bottom