Cichlid help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moofu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75g tank with about 7 peacock cichlids in it right now around 2-3 inches with a common place in it about 2 inches. How many could I fit in a 75g or what's a good amount of cichlids? I am
Interested in jack dempseys are they fine and compatible and small enough or too big? Also a red devil cichlid would that work or are they too mean and not compatible? Sorry I'm a bit new to cichlids just want to see others suggestions.

None of this choices are good with your peacocks unfortunately. They are all to aggressive. For a jack pair with nothing else a 75 MIGHT be suitable with good filtration.... Sorry...

Thank you for a response. What about if I stuck with south Americans, like the red devil and tiger oscar? How many would fit in a 75g? I have 2 emperor 400 filters. And my pleco is in there. Is that a problem? What else are compatible with those?

Red devils are awesome but very very aggressive fish. If u were to get an Oscar with ur red devil make sure the Oscar is a lot bigger. IMO I think u should just house the Oscar in the 75 without the red devil. But if u want both, personally I would get a bigger tank.

I agree, a single Oscar in a 75 will still create a huge bio load. Let alone their aggression. Oscars are known for being hospitable to their tankmates....

Bl80 said:
I agree, a single Oscar in a 75 will still create a huge bio load. Let alone their aggression. Oscars are known for being hospitable to their tankmates....

Agreed they are mostly all bark and no bite. I think they make great pets tho. I absolutely adore my Oscar. He has tons of personality :)

Back
Top Bottom