cichlid id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadMax2235

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello

i buy 2 cichlid today i know the one is a Giraffe Hap
Nimbochromis venustus ( picture comming up) second one please i need a name and id for this one see picture.because both of them run in the store as assorted cichlides.if possible mal or female? at the second one in picture.

thanks so much

Attachments

• DSCN0349.jpg
    DSCN0349.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 112
If its showing color more than likely its a male. I can't see the one on the left hand side very well but it looks like the same fish. It is a peacock or a hap its not a mbuna and I'm not sure on witch maybe someone will. Good luck on finding your answer ;)

Last edited:
They kinda look like Aristo Yellow Blaze. They are the only thing I can think of with that bright yellow stripe. Mines about 3.5 inches long but doesn't have that much blue on his sides but as they mature they get that more and more.

image-705137946.jpg

If its showing color more than likely its a male. I can't see the one on the left hand side very well but it looks like the same fish. It is a peacock or a hap its not a mbuna and I'm not sure on witch maybe someone will. Good luck on finding your answer ;)

it is only one fish in the picture reflektion from glass lol

Andrew McFadden said:

Looks like a red peacock cichlid

MadMax2235 said:
Hello

Nimbochromis venustus ( picture comming up) second one please i need a name and id for this one see picture.because both of them run in the store as assorted cichlides.if possible mal or female? at the second one in picture.

thanks so much

Looks like a red peacock cichlid to me

MadMax2235 said:
well he is yello and blue and black points at the side

Sorry it looked orange to me. Well it defiantly seems to be a peacock cichlid. They have the same coloration and body stripes. Beautiful fish!

2 fish i buy today

Here my 2 fish i buy today he is i gues femal and is a Giraffe Hap
Nimbochromis venustus see picture sorry for poor picture but this fish a fast lol.

Attachments

• Nimbochromis venustus.jpg
    Nimbochromis venustus.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 99
MadMax2235 said:
Here my 2 fish i buy today he is i gues femal and is a Giraffe Hap
Nimbochromis venustus see picture sorry for poor picture but this fish a fast lol.

Little info about them if you didn't know already ;)
Haps are open water swimmers they are very very fast and strong. It also gets 10-11" big and is aggressive :)

Hello

thanks so much

i think i find it out what kind he is he is a Sulferhead Hap Protomelas spilonotus "Ovatus" Mara Rocks see you tube video link please let me know if iam right.

Sulferhead Hap Protomelas spilonotus "Ovatus" Mara Rocks - YouTube

i think i find it out what kind he is he is a Sulferhead Hap Protomelas spilonotus "Ovatus" Mara Rocks see you tube video link please let me know if iam right...

Ummm, not so sure I agree. The eye on the fish ya have is a bit smaller in relation to the head and the rostrum looks longer, but it could be the angle of the pic. Try lookin' up Otopharynx lithobates "Zimbabwe Rocks" or "Z-Rock".

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=otopharynx+lithobates+zimbawe+rock&start=349&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1280&bih=790&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=flaEkGjzUuHB1M:&imgrefurl=http://www.riftmaniacos.net/foros/index.php%3Ftopic%3D11938.0&docid=cMCxk3Sv2v5uAM&imgurl=http://i39.tinypic.com/xckod5.jpg&w=800&h=600&ei=Zu1mUMzkH-iqyAGnkYDADw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=195&vpy=416&dur=282&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=180&ty=112&sig=103907241814663815518&page=15&tbnh=138&tbnw=213&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:21,s:349,i:235

WYite

Back
Top Bottom