Cichlid ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricco34

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I first got it I thought it was an auratus but now the yellow is turning blue it it looks more like a johannie ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412937716.886375.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412937728.159423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Male Auratus are all yellow as juvies , males lose the yellow and turn black n blue

125gal C/A cichlids , 55gal African Cichlids moving to new 75 gal , 55 gal going to be community S/A , 75gal "wet pet " , 56 gal column - angel tank , 10 Gal - nano rift tank ??

Young individuals have females coloring which consists of a golden-yellow base color with three black bands. Each black band had small white stripes running parallel with it. The caudal fin is spotted and the anal, pectoral, and pelvic fins are golden. When the male reaches two inches, he begins to develop mature male colors. The female colors are reversed on the male, making the base body color black with yellow stripes. Sometimes the yellow stripes are turquoise or blue depending on the location where the fish may be found. The caudal fin is black with a few white stripes and the dorsal fin is yellow. The anal, pectoral, and pelvic fins are black and have a white fringe.

125gal C/A cichlids , 55gal African Cichlids moving to new 75 gal , 55 gal going to be community S/A , 75gal "wet pet " , 56 gal column - angel tank , 10 Gal - nano rift tank ??

Back
Top Bottom