Cichlid ID help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhruifafn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First of all it is good to be here :wave:, I have learned so much from lurking around these past few weeks I couldn't resist but to join. I have set up a tank, cycled it (learned how to here) and have now added a few fish. The problem is the fish were in a tank at the lfs (acronym learned here lol) labeled Misc. Cichlids. I know it was dangerous and risky to buy a few of them but I couldn't resist. :facepalm: According to the gentlemen they were Cichlids that were retuned and needed a home and have been there quite a while. There are three fish in the tank. Needless to say I need some serious help identifying them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 86
The yelleow one looks to me like it may be a Melanochromis Johanni but it could be a few others aswell. How big are they? The others may be Neolamprologus cylindricus but I'm not 100% sure on these,

I need them to grow up a bit before I can really tell. Some of the folks can tell when they are that young so will see what they say ;)

Back
Top Bottom