Cichlid ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrandonMD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone please ID my chiclid?

chiclid.jpg

Thank You
Brandon

I believe I have the same fish. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is a Kenyi, female or subdominate male. They should be fairly aggressive. Hopefully someone can confirm this for you.

Thx Idealconcepts.

I have confirmed that she is female. The babies in the background are hers. In the last 4 months she has had 87 baby fish. At this point its out of control. Funny part is that 86 of the babies look just like her and one is white.

Grow the white one out. Are you keeping the fry in the tank with her and the male?

My Malawi Cichilds breed like that before we move. They are starting up slowly again. When we moved I had a 18gal rubber maid container with about 300-400 fry/ juvies ranging from .5 inch to about 1.5 inch. I wish I could have kept them and grew them out but too much stuff going on with moving and had to sell them back early and only got $30 worth of sore credit.

Thx for all the information!

She primarily stays in the 65g tank. I move her to a 5g tank for a very short time until the fry hatch and then I put her back into the 65g tank. I move the babies to the 65g tank after they get about a quarter inch in length. The white baby cichlid is about a half and inch now.

My 65g tank
3.jpg

My 5g tank
IMG_1001.jpg

Thank You. :D

I do what I can to ensure they have a nice living quarters. I was going to get a bigger tank but I don't have the room at the moment.

I think she paired up with the yellow male in the bottom right cave in the picture of the 65g tank. After the fry hatched, the male became so aggressive that I had to no other option but to give him to my brother. He was attacking everything including me when it came time to clean the tank. Its just became to stressful of an environment for everyone in the tank.

IMG_1005.JPG

YellowBelllyAttacks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom