Cichlid identification assistance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice. I very much want a sun shine. All the sunshines at the LFS's near me are all an inch bigger than mine So gotta wait a bit.

Nice. I very much want a sun shine. All the sunshines at the LFS's near me are all an inch bigger than mine So gotta wait a bit.

Thanks. I've been really picky about what I put in. I want a lwanda and a lemon jake, too.

I'm going for an all male Malawi tank. I think a few of my current residents need to come out for that tho. But a yellow sunshine is definitely among those I consider important in my mix.

Lwanda are one of my favorite...i love there long finage...very nice tank...i use to have show tanks...i bred alot of aulonocaras....love how u done the holy rock..

I'm going for an all male Malawi tank. I think a few of my current residents need to come out for that tho. But a yellow sunshine is definitely among those I consider important in my mix.
I live in Merritt Island and will be stocking my 150 with male peacocks and haps. Will be shopping at the same places you can shop. Lot's of places around here. You can find breeders on craigslist too. Several farms.

Here's a couple of links to central florida facebook groups.
Central Florida Cichlids https://www.facebook.com/groups/cflascfc/
Florida Fishkeepers classifieds https://www.facebook.com/groups/779213875459298

Thanks for the info. Check out Dave's Rare Aquarium Fish out of San Antonio, TX. He just sent out a new list that includes adult Lwandas, Lemon Jakes, And a lot more. He is the go to guy in TX.

Bi color and dragon bloods are so hott...everyone wants them...iam into lethrinops marginalus red fin and copichromis virginalis gold crust now...iam getting away from the haps and aulonocaras..nothing wrong with them...love EM...just trying new stuff...after 30 years..i still love watching the fish grow and color up...its fun to try to breed different fish too.....

Very awesome thanks!!! I don't have holey rock unfortunately This is just resin stuff from Petsmart because I can't afford holey rock. Took advantage of some Black Friday sales for this stuff it's just labeled as Tan Rock. No idea what it's supposed to look like but I'm really loving it.

I lucked out. A guy was selling 90 pounds, I think. Got it all for super cheap- less than $1/ pound.

Back
Top Bottom