Cichlid injury or illness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterbaby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my baby? A friend believes he may have gotten injured. All the other fish in the tank are fine. He's looked like this for at least a week. IMG_5742.JPGIMG_5743.JPGIMG_5744.JPGIMG_5746.JPG

Looks like some sort of injury in my opinion

Thanks for the response. He does have a bully in there. He's been hanging out in that corner but is still moving and eating fine. My friend thinks he likes that corner because of the reflection on his bad side. Not only his eye but his fin looks gnarly too with those weird bumps. I don't think it's ich...

The bumps aren't an injury. They're some type of parasite; I can't remember what it's called. I would isolate it in your quarantine tank and treat with Seachem Paraguard. I've never seen it affect the eyes, but I have seen it cover large portions of the body, so it could be same parasite, but it could also be an injury to the eye.

The bumps aren't an injury. They're some type of parasite; I can't remember what it's called. I would isolate it in your quarantine tank and treat with Seachem Paraguard. I've never seen it affect the eyes, but I have seen it cover large portions of the body, so it could be same parasite, but it could also be an injury to the eye.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom