Cichlid recomendations for a 55gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just a 10 gal with a filter, heater, and a few hidey places. I have a few ground cover plants for fry and a few rocks for hiding also. I think it helps calm holding mothers.

I know, but after I set up this tank I'm planing to set up a planted tank. I'll be pretty short on cash for a while and I dont know where I would fit another fish tank in my house right now

JustOneMore20 said:
Maxwell, you are giving me ideas about having 4 types of Mbuna. I was under the impression that 3 would be the limit...but I would like to have 4 in my 55g. :)
I was thinking the same thing. I was going to go with 6 each of 3 different species. I wanted a little more color variety, so I went with 4 instead. I was thinking of getting some saulosi, but the GF insists on Yellow Labs, so we will be visiting a breeder sometime this weekend.

I had a female Maingano who was holding for about 4 days, but it looks like she swallowed the eggs last night. Next time, I will remove her to a seperate tank. The problem is that the one spare tank I have (20g) has some small (~1.25") red zebras in QT. I didn't want to risk her going after them. I left her in the main tank with the highly aggressive male. I guess all the chaos must have gotten to her.

Back
Top Bottom