Cichlid staying at top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just noticed one of my Metriaclima Greshakei (Ice Blue Zebra) is breathing at the top for a while now, I tested parameters

pH 7.8
Ammonia 0
nitrAtes 20
nitrites 0
Temp 78.6

2 AC110's and a Koralia 1050. Never saw the fish do this before and was just a bit worried, it's one of two in the tank.

Thanks,

Dino

Do you have a way of getting oxygen into the water? If you don't have your filter irritating the top of the water or a air pump, this could be the problem.

Do you have a way of getting oxygen into the water? If you don't have your filter irritating the top of the water or a air pump, this could be the problem.

Have both, 2 AC110's and yea... unfortunately I have a air stone with a Rena 300 pump. I don't like the bubbles but the wife does so.... gotta make her happy.

Also have a Koralia power head 1050

Of your running a bubbler plus the two filter you should have plenty of oxygen. What else is in the tank? Are they acting strange? Are you using any chemicals?

May be doing it from stress and just can't get away from the bully. Watch to see who is doing wat. And do a food and finger test to see if the fish may be blind.

The tank is heavily stocked. No issues no bully, those issues are long gone. Tank has been very peaceful. Just noticed it tonight. I'll keep watching but I haven't seen anything out of the norm other this issue here.

Thanks for the replies.

HUKIT, your correct. It appears to be the other one. I guess there both males and don't like one an other.

Yeah that was gonna be my guess too. I've noticed only time I see that type of behavior with good parameters is when I , A. have a fish getting bullied or B. A holding female trying to avoid any harrasment.. both of which are pretty much the same thing though haha

Yeah that was gonna be my guess too. I've noticed only time I see that type of behavior with good parameters is when I , A. have a fish getting bullied or B. A holding female trying to avoid any harrasment.. both of which are pretty much the same thing though haha

Yeah lol. I'm gonna try and net one and re home it. But it's so scaped with DW it's gonna be hard to get a net in there.

Back
Top Bottom