Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Cichlid stocking, 75gal

Ok, so I have set up my first 75 gallon tank, I plan to have 8 Pictus Catfish at the bottom, past that I want some cichlids, I was thinking of aiming for the less aggressive Africans, and doing 1 male from a number of species thinking about 9 total, if that. Does that sound ok?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Do one larger central or south american cichlid. I am thinking wetpet style with the pictus cats.

How about a Jack Dempsey or green terror or severum or red devil or similar?

Old 09-30-2017, 06:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

P. If going African, these worked together good for me. Dragon Blood and Red Shoulder Peacocks, Williamsi Blue Lips, Red Fin Borleyi, Yellow Tail Acei, Yellow Lab and Red Top Hongi. If going New World, Ambizro had some good suggestions. For the Jack Dempsey, maybe the Electric Blue J D for more bling. I'm a big fan of Red Devils, "but" one is likely to wipe out your entire Pictus population when puberty arrives. I read that every once in a while someone gets a Red Devil / Midas that's somewhat docile.

Tags
75g, 75gal, cichlid, ich, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com