Cichlid Stocking Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

Have a four foot tank that I’m changing over to a Cichlid tank - never kept them before but have had fish for years. Sand substrate with limestone rocks.

Looking at a combination of peacocks at the moment as they’re supposedly a bit less aggressive as I don’t want to be swapping and changing them around all the time.

What would people suggest stocking wise?

If you are going with an all male Peacock cichlid tank, there is no set combination for success. Buy them all as juveniles. Stock them together in groups. Usually the hybrid Peacocks, OB's & Dragon Bloods tend to be the most aggressive, but that's not always the case. Be prepared to change things up and make stocking adjustments.

As V said, if you do different groups of male peacock's...for example....3 group's of 5 or 4 group's of 4. Something like that.

With Cichlids there's always a chance of having to swap and change them because of aggression.

If I’m going to have to swap them around anyway - what options do I have ?

How would Peacocks, Electric Yellows and Yellow Tail Acei go together?

I've seen several YouTube videos of guys mixing haps, labs and mbuna's without any major issues. But I'm not sure how many times they had to remove a complete psycho from the group before the tank mellowed out. It's worth a shot in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom