Cichlid Stones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwsharksfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently I have bog wood in my tank. My Oscar seems to be injuring himself on the wood as he chases fish and shadows through it - so I was looking into Cichlid stones. Was wondering what people thought of these. I figured that they would remove the obstacle of branching bog wood and give my chocolate cichlid, which is smaller that the oscar, a place to hide. My fear would be (1) that they're ugly once they're in the tank and (2) that they would provide hiding places for poop and refuse rather than fish. They seem to get excellent ratings from people on sites where they're sold. Thoughts?

image-3507707213.jpg

Well heres my tank, i have mbuna african cichlids. There are 3 cichlid stones in there that the fish love, i havent had poop trouble yet but as for looks, if placed in the right part of your
Tank in conjunction with other decor; they can look pretty nice. Its really just a preferance. Just know they are pretty fragile they are made
Of ceramic.

I use them in both my tanks, they work great as beds, as my dwarves love to sleep on the bottom of the tank every night. I actually own 7 of these if I remember right lol just know that they aren't exactly cheap at most places

I had them in my tank and have takin them out because they didn't blend in well with other rocks. They were in a month at most and when I took them out nasty stuff came out.

Were u get the cichlid stones? Looking for hiding spots for my tank got a bully on my hands

Back
Top Bottom