Cichlid substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should because if not your tank will be cloudy for a while unroll everything settles. Filters could be damaged by sands particles as well..

The easiest way to clean is by dumping the sand into a bucket then filling it with a water house untill it overflows.. The overflowing water will carry off must of the loose particles.

You should because if not your tank will be cloudy for a while unroll everything settles. Filters could be damaged by sands particles as well..

The easiest way to clean is by dumping the sand into a bucket then filling it with a water house untill it overflows.. The overflowing water will carry off must of the loose particles.
That's what I do with mine also. I put it in a 5g bucket and put a hose in and stir every once in a while, come back in 30 min and its ready to go.

Acer said:

I do the samething. I stir it for about 3 minutes, add it to the tank and wait about 5 minutes so it can settle before I turn on the filter. The cloudiness goes away in like 10 min.

I have a question regarding Pool sand and the answer might be of interest to Jackdempsey as well. I'm assuming that Pool sand is the color of typical sand. Does it come in different colors, like black or dark brown by any chance?

cyberkat said:
I have a question regarding Pool sand and the answer might be of interest to Jackdempsey as well. I'm assuming that Pool sand is the color of typical sand. Does it come in different colors, like black or dark brown by any chance?

Nope, there's different substrates if you want a different color

Back
Top Bottom