Cichlid suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_dude

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29 gal with a trio of mollies and 3 ottos and was wanting a cichlid to put in with them. The selection for a tank of this size in this area is pretty slim. The cichlids I have to choose from at most lfs are Angels, Rams, and Kribs. I originaly was leaning more toward Kribs but now I am equally torn between all three. I am wondering what everyone else would do in my situation.

I was in your situation about 6 months ago, exact same fish and exact same tank. I went with the angelfish. I got four about 1" in diameter. I had to get rid of 2 after the other 2 paired off and spawned. I like rams, but my gold marble angels look so good. I've never had any experience with Kribs.

I would personally go with the rams. I hear that angels and kribs may have some serious aggression problems if they spawn in a tank that small, but rams are much smaller fish and I don't think they would do any damage to your other fish. Plus the rams would hang out near the bottom of your tank and would probably ignore your mollies. :mrgreen:

I have decided to not add a cichlid to this tank. I am going to just add some more mollies and basically make it a molly tank.

Back
Top Bottom