Cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peacockbass

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've decided on an African cichlid tank. I've got all the basics on how to care for them. I just want to know a few things. How many should I keep in a 90 gallon tank. Can I keep a pictus or Cory catfish in with them to clean the tank up a little.

I have a 90 gallon tank so do you think a 110 gallon filter, a 15 gallon filter, and a small in tank filter will be good enough?

It will be fine for a year or little longer. Eventually I would run the 110 and a canister. You going to want something that pushes more filtered gph IMO.

It will be fine for a year or little longer. Eventually I would run the 110 and a canister. You going to want something that pushes more filtered gph IMO.

I have a canister filter, it had a filter attachment. The canister part only has charcoal in it. Then the water goes to a separate filter. It is kinda weird, but the other filter is broken and they don't sell it any more. I could just set it up as more water flow is that a good idea?

I have a canister filter, it had a filter attachment. The canister part only has charcoal in it. Then the water goes to a separate filter. It is kinda weird, but the other filter is broken and they don't sell it any more. I could just set it up as more water flow is that a good idea?

Can you show.me a picture of it?

The 15 gallon filter most likely wont fit over the trim on the 90. I have an aquclear 50 that i wanted to seed on my 75 but it wont fit over the trim

Good point I didn't think of that. I would start saving some penny's to buy a canister within a years time

Ya but I'd ont really want a canister filter because I don't have a cabinet on my stand it is cast iron. I won't be able to hide anything and it is going to be in the living room so I don't want it to look tacky.

Back
Top Bottom