Cichlid tank gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's sucks about the sharks. I do like that catfish though.

Or you could go with a single shark and BN Pleco with new world cichlids. Just another option.

Maybe im boring and im definitely in the minority but i like a species only tanks, so me, i would forget about another fish to add along side your cichs and just get 12 mbuna of the same species and keep them on their own, it's undoubtably the best way of keeping them and your reward is the most natural behavior possible. In noway is mixing unkind when the right species are kept together and i do want to make that clear.

Don't think I can go with the sand. I dont want it getting vaccumed into my drain because I have a pump for it down in the basement. Afraid if the sand eventually building up in the tank

I used 100 lbs of quikrete play sand. 50lbs for 4$. Took me a while to rinse it, for the fastest outcome run water into a pillowcase and rinse it, before moving it to the bucket for the clarity test. Edit one side of my tank is about 7 inches high for nice depth look.

Back
Top Bottom