Cichlid with other fish ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it of for my flower horn to be with a red tail golden arowana . . I got one female flower and one male . I got a peacock too. My fish guy said it’s ok if they fish isn’t small so the arowana could eat .

How big are both fish now? Also what size tank are they in?

It’s a 75 galloon . And I’m sure the male flower is 10 cm the female is about 8/9 cm and my peacock is I guess 7/8 inch . My arowana isn’t here yet. Waiting for the order. My fish guy said it will take 2 weeks . The arowana will be 6 inch so 15 cm

How big are both fish now? Also what size tank are they in?

My fish guy said 75 will be ok . But . MaI know arowana will grow 2/4 feet because of the size of the tank . ?? What do u think

With the arowana being that small they should be fine but do know that arowana will grow to massive sizes. At adult size it will probably be able to eat them with ease. Be ready to invest in a 150-300 gallon tank in the next year or 2 and over the next few years look to get and even larger tank. Arowana are not cheap pets. They honestly shouldn't be sold as such.

With the arowana being that small they should be fine but do know that arowana will grow to massive sizes. At adult size it will probably be able to eat them with ease. Be ready to invest in a 150-300 gallon tank in the next year or 2 and over the next few years look to get and even larger tank. Arowana are not cheap pets. They honestly shouldn't be sold as such.

That’s good . I just want my arowana to eat my Cichlid , I got a red tail golden arowana coming in 2/3 weeks . I think my arowana will stop growing in 1 feet and a half coz of the size of my tank .

That’s good . I just want my arowana to eat my Cichlid , I got a red tail golden arowana coming in 2/3 weeks . I think my arowana will stop growing in 1 feet and a half coz of the size of my tank .

Thanks I just want to know . Can’t wait for my arowana to come

Fish don't just stop growing because of the tank size. Its stunted because of other factors regarding the tank and its not healthy. Stunted growth means shorter life and usually internal issues for the fish. Your fish that would live to 10 years in the wild will possibly only live for 2 or 3 in a stunted state. If you are going to keep fish then you need to keep them in healthy proper conditions for the entirety of their natural life. If you are new to aquariums then I don't recommend you going with an arowana as one of your first fish.

You did right by adding the arowana last as a juvie. But you need at least a 300 gallon tank IMO. 240g at bare minimum which is still an 8 foot tank. Yes you can keep large cichlids with an arowana. Larger catfish as well.

Back
Top Bottom