Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlidlovers

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I am very excited the stand is done for our new 90 gal, starting to cycle tomorrow!!! Now my quandary, I have 6 africans that I am going to be moving from my 33 gal to the 90, I have noticed that they are mostly bottom dwellers. I bought 2 blue electric haps, and they seem to like the top of the tank.
i would like to get some more africans and was wondering what other types would be compatible with what i have(see signature) that would be mid to top tank swimmers? I want to have activity in the whole tank.

For The Top-Middle Parts a Psudemous Acie "Musi" Is a beautiful relativwly peaceful Mbuna cichlid.

Best of luck with the tank!

:)

Acei are great they do better in schools of 3 or more. I have 5 they stay mostly at the top of the tank. which is odd for a mbuna. See if your lfs can order some for you. Are all of the africans in your 33 going into the 90. the kenyi yellow lab and zebras all need lots of cave to hide in. Thats going to be a great tank. :D good luck.

I personally would not recommend mixing Haps and Mbuna. It's not really a great idea and has been elaborated upon in many posts here.

Acei are great fish, I would highly recommend a group of them.

I have heard about haps and mbuna's not doing well together as well. so far they are all doing fine, the haps are really fast. I am going to put all the fish in the 90 gal for a little while, as I want to disassemble the 33 gal and redo it. I may put the haps back in the 33 gal if it gets to be too much for them. Thanks for the tip xray I am calling the lfs right now!!
And I plan on having many caves for the fish!!

Hope it all goes well. and persona;ll even though it is just an opinion i think SOME SPECIES NOT ALL BUT SOME species of Haps and Mbuna can be mixed not all species but some. WHat species of Haps do u have?

The JD and the Jewel need to go in a different tank. They require diff water param's . The only haps I have are N. Venustus, when they get larger I'll be trading them to the LFS for some more rusty's. Oh yea I have one peacock, but he is crippled (deformed tail.) He will stay. He needs a good home. :D

X-Ray That is very comendable of u to keep the fish even deformed! :)

And Yes The Jewel and The JD cannot go with the other cichlids!

JMHO

Thank you Fishlover. The LFS guy gave him to me for free. So I kinda keep an eye on him to make sure nobody picks on him. He's doing better than some others. I have two yellows that are not keeping up with the dominant yellows. Tails got chewed up, they get chased all over the tank, that kind of stuff. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom