Cichlids....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have not had very good luck with cichlids in the past with the exception of angel fish. I have 4 that I have had for years. However, I have tried to keep german blue rams and golden rams without much luck.
Is there another type of peaceful cichlid I can try that is not so fragile?

If your lfs knows their stock well, they may be able to direct you to less sensitive fish. What I mean is, some gbr's are less sensitive than others due to having been tank-bred for so many generations while others family trees are still very close to the wild.

Blue acara and keyhole cichlids are relatively easy-going species, firemouths are less aggressive than dempsey's or convicts. A pair of one of these should be fine in a 20 long, or better yet a 30.

It depends on the tank size and tankmates. Can you give us a little more info? Then we can better suggest some cichlids to you. :)

maybe some apistos? very nice colouration and a bit easier than the rams. i saw some firemouths the other day and i was really tempted to get 2. they looked really nice.

Back
Top Bottom