Cichlids and Datnoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidrulez1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am new here and was wanting some advice. I have a 46 gallon tank with all Cichilids, 2 Oscars, 2 Electric Yellows, Jack Dempsey, Mangano, Afra, Frontosa and I just added a Tiger Datnoid. I am not too familiar with these fish, but I'm curious to know if any one has had experience with keeping A Dat with Cichilids.

Wow, that's WAY 2 many fish in a 46 you need at least a 75 for an Oscar let alone 2. Dat getting way 2 big, try 2 feet for the adult size or larger. You have NW and Africans in the same tank, they both require different water parms and the PH is also different.? I hate to tell ya, but that tank is going to become a bloodbath if you don't upgrade. If you want to keep those fish, look for a 200+ gallon tank after u decide rather to keep NW or Africans. Research is the key in this hoby

Hello, I am new here and was wanting some advice. I have a 46 gallon tank with all Cichilids, 2 Oscars, 2 Electric Yellows, Jack Dempsey, Mangano, Afra, Frontosa and I just added a Tiger Datnoid. I am not too familiar with these fish, but I'm curious to know if any one has had experience with keeping A Dat with Cichilids.

Yeah definitely move the frontosa too. Those fish get huge and need a way bigger tank than a 46 gallon. They will most likely need a 125 gallon tank. I'd suggest either upgrading him to a bigger tank, or just get rid of him. Not trying to destroy your tank and insult you, just trying to help you out and give your fish a long, comfortable life ;).

That tank will only end in disaster. Do your fish and yourself a favor and totally rethink your stock. We are more than willing to help but that tank is over stocked and there will be many conflicts

Oh I get you guys, these fish are still less than 2 inches. I know they get huge, and I won't keep them in a small tank, again, the question is about the Datnoid and it being with Cichlids. Any info about Datnoids would be great, and I appreciate the answers so far.

Oh I get you guys, these fish are still less than 2 inches. I know they get huge, and I won't keep them in a small tank, again, the question is about the Datnoid and it being with Cichlids. Any info about Datnoids would be great, and I appreciate the answers so far.

They get pretty big, but if if you have a large enough tank it should be fine with NW. But they get very, very large and need room to swim

Back
Top Bottom