Cichlids and Ropefish??? (Advice please)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidsAreBoss

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! So my boyfriend has a 100 gallon tank (long), he currently has an iridescent shark(which will be moved to a larger tank shortly), a Oscar and a red devil. He recently bought a sunken ship for the bottom of his tank (see pictures below) now we were thinking it would pretty awesome to have a snake like fish in his tank to poke out of the ship. We were thinking of either a fire eel or a rope fish.. Does anyone know how they do with cichlids, It needs to be able to hold his own but with the ship will have lots of room to hide. Please any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2331306773.jpg
    image-2331306773.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 75
Fire eels get way to big for a 100 gallon and would not fit in that ship for long. Rope fish get 2' + and need do be kept in groups of 2 or more. They are also nocturnal so you wouldn't see them very often. Personally I feel neither of those fish are ideal for your set up.

Fire eels get way to big for a 100 gallon and would not fit in that ship for long. Rope fish get 2' + and need do be kept in groups of 2 or more. They are also nocturnal so you wouldn't see them very often. Personally I feel neither of those fish are ideal for your set up.

Thanks for the input is there anything that would work with my setup?? Or just forget the idea all together? The ship is a bit longer than shown in the picture.

U could try kulhi loaches but there is no garentee they would go in the ship at all

There are some larger catfish that like to hide in stuff like that or even a pleco or two.

Already have a pretty big pleco with them forgot to put that in description. And I'm honestly worried about putting a catfish in with them. My shark is fine but that's only because he's bigger than the cichlids.

Large clown loaches are also an option. However as far as something that has that eel like shape I don't think there is anything that will really work.

Large clown loaches are also an option. However as far as something that has that eel like shape I don't think there is anything that will really work.

Plus I think the bioload is about maxed out with those size fish

Okay thanks everyone for the input will just keep the tank the way it is for now. Once I upgrade to a bigger tank ill re-look at my options :)

Back
Top Bottom