Cichlid's are fighting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your tank is big enough for more. Add some demisani maybe... The tails on your fish look fine. If you start noticing chunks of the tail missing than maybe do something quick.

Has the grey one changed colours much ?
My salousi looked like that at times
I added more fish and as above the anger spread out and eventually went but I am constantly swapping selling buying fish to get the right set up without issues depends where you get them from aswell I got myn from a shop and a few others and they all seemed aggressive but now I've bought from breeders them selves and they've turned out better

Has the grey one changed colours much ?
My salousi looked like that at times
I added more fish and as above the anger spread out and eventually went but I am constantly swapping selling buying fish to get the right set up without issues depends where you get them from aswell I got myn from a shop and a few others and they all seemed aggressive but now I've bought from breeders them selves and they've turned out better

The gray fish actually does look like it changed colors. When I moved them to the 55 gallon a month ago, I noticed that the gray fish seemed a lighter gray color instead of the darker gray. But I thought it was just the different lighting, which I guess it could be.

The gray fish actually does look like it changed colors. When I moved them to the 55 gallon a month ago, I noticed that the gray fish seemed a lighter gray color instead of the darker gray. But I thought it was just the different lighting, which I guess it could be.

It's probably because it was stressed out a bit

I am going to my LFS sometime this week to talk about these fish. I am also trying to talk my husband into getting more. He doesn't want to give them up because he thinks they look real nice (colorful). So, I guess what I am going to try and do is get 4 or 5 more cichlids. A couple more Labs and a couple more of those gray cichlids. I am so afraid to add more fish to my mix and then find out that it wont work. I am also afraid to try getting some other types of cichlids like some of you have mentioned for a fear that I am so new to cichlids to begin with.

I also thought about giving them up but then I really don't know what other kind of fish to get. I don't want a community tank because I already have one. I really want to keep my cichlids if only I could get them to get along.

Anyways, I'll post again after I visit my LFS and decide what to do. And maybe I should ask what kind of cichlid the gray fish is. Haha!

They didnt get the memo.....You need to take that sign you have hanging "Love Is All You Need" and put it in the aquarium. Cichlids will then play nice with one another....

That's my tank you're talkig about with the picture above it haha. Alls changed since I added about 7 more cichlids and changed decor in it ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392000191.464988.jpg

Most local fish stores will trade cichlids and fish out... Soooo, don't give up.

Back
Top Bottom