Cichlids at walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think the light colored one in the bottom right in the 1st pic it may be a female peacock.

There is a lot of different fish in there, see some peacocks, zebras, and other mbuna. You want to get them all?

Oh walmart...we know you carry everything but maybe fish is crossing a line....

Just remember, by "saving" them, you are just booking the next order for them from the suppliers. To really save fish that aren't being treated in a way you feel is proper, do not buy them. The only way they will stop stocking them is if people stop buying them.

I havent seen a walmart near me that have had fish in a long time. All the ones stoped selling fish here. Probably because they couldnt keep anything alive.

siva said:
Just remember, by "saving" them, you are just booking the next order for them from the suppliers. To really save fish that aren't being treated in a way you feel is proper, do not buy them. The only way they will stop stocking them is if people stop buying them.

I've never thought about it that way......good point!

Agreeing with this. It's the sad truth, but there has been a small movement of reforms in Walmarts. Either getting rid of their fish sections or better care of the fish and I'm sure eventually one of these new exotic bans will include fish. So, it will look up.

Yeah I did them same thing and got 3 fry that were in with fish a lot bigger than them. I have them in a 55 gallon and I think I'm just going to leave them by themselves because I can't figure out exactly what they are. =\ but I love them anyway. Lol

bettaowner said:
I see a red zebra and several mbuna that look like hybrids.

Your right on the red zebra. The 2nd pic, in the front... Blue striped with yellow fins is an Acei and the yellow one is a Yellow Lab. Those 2 are the most low tempered Malawi cichlids. You can get them at Petsmart on sale for $5 :)

I have 11 Acei
9 yellow labs
6 red zebras and they are wonderful fish. I keep 2 pictus cats with them and they don't give them a 2nd look. Most cichlids would've beat em up or killed em by now. Walmart will also carry other of the more aggressive ones. U need to be sure exactly what your buying and keep them from the same lake or they'll kill each other.

siva said:

You make a valid point. It's not nice, but to 'save' these Wally world fish, don't buy them. This just opens up more tank space. And it's kind of funny. In the first pic of the tag, it says they need hiding spots. Yet they are in a bare tank.

Back
Top Bottom