Cichlids color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rare

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do cichlids colors changing or getting more rapid when introducing a new food to their diet? I added a few things to their homemade food & it’s like if they were high …. I saw crazy more vivid colors patterns on the Jalo Reef females…Like a light switch on and off

They can show there colors for other reasons not just food. It could be flaunting its colors for a female or because its the more dominate cichlid in the tank. I find its always the pretty ones that are the trouble makers. But that's not always the case. That was just in my tank I was referring to.

There are certain things you can feed to increase coloring. When i switched from omega one pellets to nls my cichlids color got a lot more vibrant.

Is not that I want to get more color from them it's when I feed them a new mix and they were eating the female Jalo reef were showing a rapid colors change like turning the lights off and on. So I was wondering if the food I feed them can do that so fast. They are back to normal but it was cool to see that happening when they were eating.

Back
Top Bottom