Cichlids for beginners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaprince

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to start a chichlid tank to add intrest to my living room. I want to fill a 40 gallon breeder tank with colorful chichlids, however, being a novice I have no idea where to begin. I have white aquarium sand for substrate and I have slate and shale for rock caves. I want to fill the tank with as many chiclids as possible with as many varying colors as possible. I'd rather have less aggressive chiclids seeing as my track record with aggressive fish is less than stellar.
I would love advice as to what breed of chichlid would be best. Also what filtration system should I use? I am really more interested in an active colorful tank than a "natural looking" tank. Any Help would be awesome. Thank you!!!

Welcome to AA! :)

Do you prefer soft water SA/CA cichlids or harder water African Rift Lake cichlids? What is your water like?

Just stay away from mbuna there aggressive as hell I lost all my fish from them but if your looking for color do peacocks/Haps or if your looking for personality do South/Central Americans

Plecolover18

Back
Top Bottom