Cichlids in a 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on how big the fish you want will get. Put together a stocking list and get opinions

This is my stock as of today:

2 Benga Yellow
1 yellow ob
1 Dragon Blood
1 sulfur head w orange strip
1 Ruby red
1 Blue Alhi
1 Venustus
1 Red Fin Borleyi - female which im looking to trade in. I dont have a male for her and im not looking to prodice hybrids
1 what I think is a Lemon Jake
2 Red zebras
2 Yellow Labs
1 Frontosa - I never had any issues w him and the other cichlids they all get along

1 pleco
1 feather finned catfish

Are these full grown? I have a 75 with Adult male peacocks but my list is about 1/3rd of yours and it seems pretty busy to me.

I am by no means a peacock expert I just got into peacocks a little while ago. It just seems like you have allot! I am curious to hear from the experts.

Are these full grown? I have a 75 with Adult male peacocks but my list is about 1/3rd of yours and it seems pretty busy to me.

I am by no means a peacock expert I just got into peacocks a little while ago. It just seems like you have allot! I am curious to hear from the experts.

No they arent. My Blue Alhi and Dragon Blood are a good 3 inches. Those are my biggest

No they arent. My Blue Alhi and Dragon Blood are a good 3 inches. Those are my biggest

Great selection you have. If people seem to think you are alright I may have to add a few more my self.

I have

1x Benga yellow
1x Orchid or Electric Blue I cant tell yet (bought from a mixed tank).
1x Dragon Blood
1x Red shoulder
1x Ruby red

1x Adult Opaline Gourami 4" and boss of the tank. (I didn't have the heart to get rid of him when I switched over) My benga tries to be boss but the Opaline breaks up the squables.

1x 6" pleco

Picking up a breeding pair of Firemouths I am tempted to put them in this tank but now sure yet.

This is my stock as of today:

2 Benga Yellow
1 yellow ob
1 Dragon Blood
1 sulfur head w orange strip
1 Ruby red
1 Blue Alhi
1 Venustus
1 Red Fin Borleyi - female which im looking to trade in. I dont have a male for her and im not looking to prodice hybrids
1 what I think is a Lemon Jake
2 Red zebras
2 Yellow Labs
1 Frontosa - I never had any issues w him and the other cichlids they all get along

1 pleco
1 feather finned catfish

Not sure about peacocks but i do know the blue alhi gets 7in and the venustus gets 10.5 frontosas get over 12in so some rehoming is gonna be needed which you may already know that..

This article has a guide around the bottom as to how many for.your tank size

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/lake-malawi-mbuna-stocking-dcor-hardware/

This one gets more into compatibility

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/lake-malawi-aquarium-stocking-cichlids/

Back
Top Bottom