Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cichlids in a planted tank w/ community fish

Hi all. I have recently discovered the beauty of the Electric Blue Rams and would love to put them in my new tank. As I am new to cichlids, I have a few questions.

I obtained a 118 gal fw tank with stand for free from a museum which was closing down. It’s six feet wide. I was wondering if the whole thing can be planted in an EC and sand mixed with rocks on one end for the rams, and the rest of the tank decorated with more plants and wood for “regular” community fish?

I’d like a few rams, a couple large schools of different tetras, lots of Corydoras, and some livebearers. Basically I want to know if cichlids can share a tank with community fish.

Thanks.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congratulations on obtaining your new big tank. Of course schooling tetras can be kept together with certain cichlids.
Now the fun starts, research the various types of fish you want to keep; study compatibility;
View pics of members tanks for aquascape tips; be sure to ask questions.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks!

Tags
cichlid, cichlids, community, fish, ich, plant, planted, planted tank, tan, tank, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com