Cichlids with Banded/Armoured Bichir?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i learnt that the hard way =/
I was more interested to find out if the Bichir might stress the Cichlids and stop them breeding?

OK thanks for your help! It shouldn't be too much of a problem because I have a 10g breeding tank I and put the fry in.

It is 30g. But I was thinking of upgrading to a 55g. This was just a query, I haven't bought any Cichlids yet. Just trying to get an understanding. ;)

Yellow labs are nice fish.I have 4 of them 1 male and 3 females.Peacocks should be ok with them as for an African cichlid they are reasonably peaceful.a 55 would be perfect.You would have to be careful with male to female ratio though.

Yeah I notice 1 male to 3 females seems to be a good ratio. However i was looking at buying them online because my LFS does not stock Cichlids.

Don't you have a maidenhead aquatics near you? They have a good range of cichlids.Google maidenhead aquatics and click on our stores.There should be 1 fairly close to you.That way you get to pick your own fish.

Wow that was scary! Maidenhead aquatics is my LFS and it's a 5min drive away haha! They have helped me alot by ordering in plants I wanted that they didn't have. However their cichlid range is limited and most seem hybrid. I suppose I could ask to see if they could get some in for me? Would save on the postage!

They have a good reputation and I'm sure they can order the fish you want.Most of my fish have come from maidenhead aquatics and all have been healthy.I haven't lost a fish through disease from them do far and that's in the last 2 years.

Yeah they are good that way. Only bad thing is the staff are not to reliable at mine though =/ I have applied for a job there like 5 times over maybe 5 years haha! And they never got back to me. Not even to say no! And they said they would get back to me on a few things and never have.

Back
Top Bottom