Ciclid help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gaz77

Aquarium Advice Regular
Are there any ciclids that are good community fish or are they all killers! Been to 2 lfs and getting conflicting views ,one shop sold me 2 rams and 2 golden Mbuna saying they will be ok because they are young and will get on with my other fish ,sunset platys 1 redtail shark 1 Pleco and a couple of loaches.i want to go down the ciclid route eventually .i have donated my small fish to my kids school tank ,Guppys and barbs and a couple of Molly's.what else can I put in with these fish I am looking for less aggressive cichlids if there is such a thing.

Well first of all do not listen to anything your lfs says. Mbuna are not community fish and will kill everything in your tank. Their are several species that do well in a community tank. Rams being one of them. What size tank do you have? What kind of water parameters are you dealing with?

Well first of all do not listen to anything your lfs says. Mbuna are not community fish and will kill everything in your tank. Their are several species that do well in a community tank. Rams being one of them. What size tank do you have? What kind of water parameters are you dealing with?
I have a 70 lt tank and the ph 7.6 ish

Back
Top Bottom