"clean up crew"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Malaysian Trumpet Snails will do fine in a mbuna tank. I put about 10 in a few weeks ago and they instantly burrow in to the sand. I have only seen one since I put them in...It was today. They dont eat anything noticable. They are not a clean up crew...A clean up is you, your kids, your spouse and a gravel vac. My pleco eats a tiny amount of algae...His poo is the largest and most visable in the tank...Soo is it worth it....Not from the clean up aspect. I love my pleco, he is in there because I like the way he looks not for his cleaning abilitys. Also look into a magfloat.

I also added roughly 10-20 a month ago, and now when my lights are off, I see at least 100 popping up and sifting my sand.

Occasionally I will see some poop, but considering the amount of fish I have, I think I might have reasons to suspect my MTS are eating some poo.

I agree that u need at least a 55g and there is no such thing as an animal (fish) that survives by eating another animals (fishes) waste lol at least I hope but u will def have to get u a gravel vac and get wet (at least from the elbows down)

stone1269 said:
I agree that u need at least a 55g and there is no such thing as an animal (fish) that survives by eating another animals (fishes) waste lol at least I hope but u will def have to get u a gravel vac and get wet (at least from the elbows down)

That's why I recommend a python/aqueon vac. I never spill a drop when changing out 60 gallons a week.

A siphon will clean up your tank real nice. It eats a lot of waste and does not create any poo. It's probably the best clean up crew you can ever keep.

Back
Top Bottom