"clean up crew"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to help it stay cleaner (the tank) I have 2 yellow labs and 2 different blue kind ( I forgot the name

J19Reynolds said:
Are there any clean up crew that can go in a tank with cichlids?

If you mean bottom-feeders, I recommend a Rainbow Shark. I have one in with my Malawis and it's constantly working at the gravel and decor. It's th smallest fish in the tank and the only one that the others pay no attention to at all. If course, results may vary depending on species and individual temperaments.

A clean up crew is there to actually clean...My pleco eats algae but his poo is by far the worst in the tank...

I have 3 dwarf loaches, 4 horse face loaches, 3 Chinese algea eaters (nasty little things), a clown loach, a striped Raphael catfish, and 2 plecos.

Botia loaches are the most recommended I believe due to their ability to handle a higher ph but I have never had an issue with my crew.

If you want less poo visable, increase flow. Using powerheads to move water around. Poo dosent settle on the substrate it get tossed into the water column then filtered.

My problem I think is there are too many in my tank... I have 4 cicihls in a ten gallon... I have just purchased a 20 gallon to move two in it an separate them... I have an extra power head that I'll add in there though hopefully that be different

20g isn't enough room for two labs, let alone 2 other "blue kind". You should have at least a 55g.

As JMedic25 said, if waste is accumulating on the bottom then a powerhead would be recommended (robust water circulation keeps solids in the water column, increasing the waste removal performance of your filter(s), even if it is a 20gal tank).

What type of filter (and GPS rating) is on this tank?

20g isn't enough room for two labs, let alone 2 other "blue kind". You should have at least a 55g.

:agree:

Back
Top Bottom