clean up crew options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also a Synodonis catfish works well with Africans. I have one and a patriot crab in my tank. The crab is a sideways walking garbage compactor.
As far as I can see in your pics you appear to have a Kenyi, an Auratus and an Acei. You could add several more to your 55 to spread the aggression throughout the crowd. And just for the fun of having more fish. There is an awesome site called Cichlid Recipe that might be helpful.
Congrats on a nice looking tank with some purdy fishies.

Awosome how many would you put in a 55 and thanks for the advice does the crab not mess with the fish? Or what about my eel would it be a problem with the crab hurting it ?

For a 55 I would say 12 safely MAYBE 15 if you overfilterate and stay diligent on your water changes. The Africans I have kinda poke at the crab and he does try to get them but even the baby Acei I just added to mine are too quick for him. He will climb out of the tank and sit on the side sometimes. Which freaked me out the first time i reached in to turn the light on and he showed me his claws.
As far as living with the Eel, I do not know what to tell you on that. I have never had an Eel and would think they would butt heads living on the bottom together. I would recommend you research that more and/or reach out for more help here.

Cool so I'm ganna get a few more Africans and do research on the crab part

I'm am really sorry but I was given bad info on the crab and I passed that along to you. My LFS told me the crab could live in my tank it's whole life and that is NOT true!
The Patriot Crab is Land crab. They can live in water for some time but it will eventually kill them. I'm getting a 20 long tank today and setting him up in an amphibious set up with sand. I can send you the links if you have already purchased one for your tank but if you haven't it is not a good choice for an aquarium.
Again I apologize for not verifying info before passing it along. I feel badly now. Please let me know if you put one in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom