Cleaners with Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fishfool58 said:
I thought the featherfins got big.. & I'm sorry.. I'm not too crazy about CAE,

My CAE has ton of personality, I don't know how well he cleans, I had to add a leopard highfin Pleco to pick up his slack, but Mic, the CAE is fun to watch. The featherfins should max out aroundn6" or so.

CAE's get pretty good size. About 10". They are good for algae eating when juveniles but are more carnivores when adults. The sucker mouth they adapted to help hold onto rocks and such in fast flowing waters. I have one in my 20g. He IS fun to watch but I'm trying to re home him.

FishyBusiness said:
CAE's get pretty good size. About 10". They are good for algae eating when juveniles but are more carnivores when adults. The sucker mouth they adapted to help hold onto rocks and such in fast flowing waters. I have one in my 20g. He IS fun to watch but I'm trying to re home him.

Mine's around six inches. He has a problem though. It's almost like his back half is paralyzed, when he swims, he just uses his front fins. A couple of months ago, we would wedge himself in the corner of the tank, and not move for days on end. I would tap the glass and he would swim off, but turn around and go right back to the corner. He moves around now, never staying in the same place long, but he doesn't use his tail fin when he swims now.

Crawdaddy said:
Mine's around six inches. He has a problem though. It's almost like his back half is paralyzed, when he swims, he just uses his front fins. A couple of months ago, we would wedge himself in the corner of the tank, and not move for days on end. I would tap the glass and he would swim off, but turn around and go right back to the corner. He moves around now, never staying in the same place long, but he doesn't use his tail fin when he swims now.

Yeah, I might just settle with a catfish.. Of some sort, when my cichlids get a tad bigger..

How in the world does anyone keep anything with pictus? My pictus are respectfully named Richard Ramirez, ed gein, Jeffrey dahmer, and andre chikatilo because they have boisterously tortured to death 2 molly's, 2 mystery snails and just last night a bn pleco! I can't get anything to survive the night time adventures of my serial killers. Petsmart is going to give me credit since I only had the pleco 5 days but those darn serial killers are just going to have to live with algea!

Back
Top Bottom