Cloudlyness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Topsella20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So.
I do water change tank looks chrystal clear for 5 days then gets cloudy and blurry
I do t ubderstand ...do i need to get a 2nd filter!?i have 72 gallon tank w a big. Rena fikter canister but gets dirty and cloggs easily from the sand in tank i think...should i get a 2nd filter?there is allway alot if wastes from fish expecially after feeding ..but nitrates n ammonia levela are ok
Please help
Thanks

You could possibly try adding a bag of activated carbon to the chemical portion of your filter. Filter floss has also been known to help keep water clear.

Rena's from what I understand are good canisters are you heavily stocked? Over feeding?

I run 2 AC110's on my 75 gallon and water is crystal clear.

Weekly water changes. I add poly fill/filter floss/polishing pads I'm one AC110 to pick up the very fine particles and debris.

You can try adding a HOB they will help. You can never have too much filtration especially on a cichlid tank.

A power head works wonders as well. It helps debris from settling on the substrate.

Which Rena canister are you using btw? What's your media choices that your using?

Mine does the same thing I had to start doing small water changes every couple days to keep it clear and looking nice. I don't think a filter is going to help any.

Back
Top Bottom