Cloudy eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Residentfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have tried everything. Three different types of medications; one week of just water changes removing aggressive fish. It has not gotten worse but will not go away. The tank is 210 gallon with a 30 gallon sump. I have been treating entire tank removing all chemical filtration. Does anyone know what could be going on? Also all fish are behaving normal eating and swimming around. All water parameters are good water temp is around 86 to 87 degrees. So what is up ???

I had this in my sun shine peacock I was worried but after doing what changes the cloudyness went away took awhile but once it started it went.away fast

so what kind of water changes and for how long did you keep it up?:thanks:

I hope you fare far better than I did, but mine was a Popeye situation that my Sunshine Peacock lost its eye. If your going to add chemicals it is great to have a hospital tank.

I changed 10 gal out from my 90 every other day I watched my ammonia because I read that's what causes it

What kind of that kit do you have this issue made me switch from strips to a.master kit

I have an A.P. MAster kit , freshwater, , if you have a 90 I would do more of a water change. there are many smarter folks that can give you a better ratio but I do atleast a 20 if your using chemicals. thats why its nice to have a 10 - 30 gal hospital tank so that you can put the injured/sick fish in that and im makes it easier to chem it and water change. You may want to try tapping the heat up a few and adding a little salt. then again its best for a hospital tank though.

oh if its an Amonia problem, stay on the Master kit and you could do partial changes twice a day or 1 every day.

well one fish has popeye and is going loose its eye. and four more fish have a little white cloud in there eye. I think iam just going to chill out and let it be , just keep an eye on the water perameters.:thanks:

i have a master kit. how long did you do the water changes??

untill the amonia was down, It could be a bacterial problem in your water if that many are affected. I dont know that High Amonia will do that (It may, I really dont know) but it sounds like something is going. Raise the temp a little and maybe some salt.

Back
Top Bottom