Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont think you are overstocked at all. You said the tank was recently set up right? It is probably a bacteria bloom, if it is it will clear up in a few days to a week. Good luck with your tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You should look into A reverse osmosis system is great for your drinking water and for your fish

Yes I just have gotten the tank and it's been set up for about alittle over a week now. I'm considering another water change later today so maybe it'll help the cloudy water to.

Adding more filtration will not reduce the need for water changes. Since the tank was clear and became cloudy after more fish were added, the afore mentioned bacterial bloom is likely the culprit. It will clear up eventually or you can do a couple of large water changes to help speed it up. That would be my choice.

Adding more filtration will not reduce the need for water changes. Since the tank was clear and became cloudy after more fish were added, the afore mentioned bacterial bloom is likely the culprit. It will clear up eventually or you can do a couple of large water changes to help speed it up. That would be my choice.
Not saying the filtration will help with the cloudy water but for cichlids a larger turnover is better.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay I'll try larger water changes to try to speed it up.

Back
Top Bottom