clown loach and convict cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid555

Aquarium Advice Activist
what do you think about putting a clown loach in with a pair of convict cichlids? Are the cichlids going to have the loach cornered during breeding like they would any other fish the intruded their nest?

Well clown loaches need a 55gallon tank minimum, and need groups of 4-6 to feel comfortable in the tank in the first place.

What little I know of convicts suggests they should be kept in species/cichlid only tanks.

I wouldn't try it. Clown loaches are schooling fish like malkore said, and they get huge. Convicts are extremely aggressive if they spawn, and I have heard of pairs of cons terrorizing an entire 55 gallon tank. :wink:

I personally wouldnt, when i had convicts I left them as a species tank. I was to scared of adding anything, they are nasty fish, not as nasty as my new puferfish though :lol: 8O :eek:

If you are talking about adding more fish to your 20 gallon, there is no way you could keep anything else in there once your cons pair off.

my cichlids havent paired up because they dont like each other so there shouldnt be much of a problem and im even upgrading to a 40 or 50 gallon soon.

Back
Top Bottom