Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cockatoo apisto in community tank

I tried this in getting started but got no hits, so I thought I'd try the cichlid folks.

I was looking over my 55 gallon and thinking about the fish I have in there and the fish planned to go in there and realized it ran very much to black and gray *lol* Not sure how that worked out--it wasn't planned, just the fish I liked--but I decided it needed a splash of color so the mind went first to the only cichlid I've really been looking at. Luckily for me, it's peaceful and a dwarf.

I currently have 2 Sterba's Corys, 3 Panda Corys, and 6 Black Neon Tetras in there. I have 3 Pearl Gouramis in quarantine to be added and 3 Peppered Corys in the betta tank waiting to move over. Plan on adding another Sterba, another 6 Black Neons, and 3 Pitbull plecos, depending on how the corys school might be rounding out their groups to 5 apiece, and for a while was considering a trio of black mollys, but that one's up in the air. It's planted, has a Aqueon Quietflow 55/75 currently running and will either have a Fluval 204 or another Aqueon added--depends on whether the Fluval I got with the tank has a working motor or not. I'm lazy and haven't tested it yet.

Would a male cockatoo apisto work with these guys? Research indicates it wouldn't be a problem, but research can only tell you so much, so I thought I'd ask y'all.

5g planted Betta tank
KaylNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

apistos usually only have problems with other apistos or similiar conspecifics. You should be fine adding one to your tank.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

A male apisto would work fine, IMO, and would make a great centerpiece fish. Apistos are typically peaceful unless they are spawning. I like the stock list that you are planning- good job!
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sweet! Thanks guys ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama View Post
A male apisto would work fine, IMO, and would make a great centerpiece fish. Apistos are typically peaceful unless they are spawning. I like the stock list that you are planning- good job!
Aww..thanks. I've got a lot of respect for the experienced folk on this forum, so that gave me the warm fuzzies.
5g planted Betta tank
KaylNeko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
api, community, community tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com