color enhancing food for cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bs6749 said:
It isn't natural for fish to eat every day but mine usually do. Some days they eat 3 times. Some days they eat nothing. I don't agree with your statement at all. NLS is a hormone free food that only incorporates color enhancing ingredients that fish might consume in the wild, if it were fortunate enough to feed. NLS doesn't "bring out" the color in fish, rather the fish color because of what they have eaten, which are ingredients that they might normally see in the wild. In addition, these pellets include vitamins and trace elements that are essential to the overall health of the fish. Hormones are what "bring out" colors of fish too early and can wash them away at later stages in their lives or even lead to a premature death. I am completely against hormone exposure to fish as I have seen blue rams given a bad rap as a result of Asians exporting hormone pumped up rams to pet stores.

Wether you agree with my opinion or not matters not to me.It is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Your opinion is nonsense and laughable at best and is based on what...your *thoughts* or *beliefs*? Feel free to disbelieve FACTS that have been put right in front of you. Not ONCE did I use an *opinion* in my statement...only what IS in all actuality. It is opinions such as yours that lead to myths being started throughout this hobby and they only cause confusion and misinformation. Fact: something that actually exists; reality; truth. You provided none of this so I'm assuming that you are going from nothing more than what you have *heard*. That's all your opinion is...hearsay. Show me some proof or a single shred of evidence that suggests that NLS food causes quicker coloration in young. You won't, because NLS does NOT cause fish to produce color more quickly and it is NOT designed to do that. However, it DOES produce deeper and more pronounced coloration in addition to providing a well rounded fish food in the form of a pellet, just as it is advertised.

Let the readers make an informed decision. All I ask is that you provide FACTS and not HEARSAY in order for them to do so.

Friends, peace. Below is a complete link on NLS and nutrition. Judge for yourself.

http://nlsfishfood.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=63

I, personally, wouldn't consider anything in NLS to be considered "artificial" per se in that they are all natural ingredients. From what I have read, NLS is the most recommended food for Cichlids. However, certainly not all ingredients are from or even native to Lake Malawi (e.g. South Antarctic Krill).

Garfy and bs are certainly both respected, seasoned aquarists and entitled to their own preferences and/or opinions.

I feed my cichlids hikari cichlid excel and a sheet of omega one dried seaweed sheets once a week on a clip. They go crazy for those seaweed sheets!

Cichlid-dude said:
I feed my cichlids hikari cichlid excel and a sheet of omega one dried seaweed sheets once a week on a clip. They go crazy for those seaweed sheets!

I didn't know about seaweed sheets!!!

I feed mostly Omega and my fish are gorgeous and healthy!

@ bs,
Yup dats really bad. Bt other dan dat if a food suppliment is good for fish to grow and can give a healthy and naturral color widout any side effect dat can be good to choose for. I am much more aware of my fish health. And want such supplement so dat my fish wil grow healthy and also shows d grt color

@ jason, yes all u mentioned r actually very good kind of food for cichlids. Bt hikari products r really expensive and not available at LFS all d time.becoz local Stores sumtimes prefer on local pellets.compared to dat Live food r really affordable and easily available.dis kind food has a major part to keep fish much healthy and happy I think

Even I'm hearing first time bout seaweed sheets. Never heared of dem wen I search for oscar fish food or other cichlid food in internet

Here are the seaweed sheets.

Attachments

• image-1805528165.jpg
    image-1805528165.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 65
Oh thanks for tjhat picture i will have to look around for that!
And Sayan the reason i feed Hikari is becuase im in Australia and its actually quite cheap here and like i said before the cichlids love it! It sucks how different priced are in Australia and the Us are like you guys get tanks for quite cheap and i got tanks for really expensive. Along with a lot of fish are quite expensive!

I get mine at petsmart. They are in the saltwater food section here in ohio.

+1 on the New Life Spectrum. Very good food, perfect blend for vegetarian fish too without worrying about bloat. Only negative thing I'd say is it leaves brown residue everywhere.

@jason, fish keeping buisness is quite popular and profitable over here. Though we hav lots of LFS here, bt if u want some more variety and in much lesser cost, u must visit d haat (localy called so). In dis haat all d fish keeper buisnessman across the Kolkata come together for sale their stock. U can get fish,tank,pebbles,fish food,live food,bogwood,medicines,decorations each & everything.from local product to international. Freshwater and marine all kind of fish. Its kind a fish fair u can say. I love to visit dis haat ones or two in every month.buy watever I need.

Back
Top Bottom