common red zebra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I haven't seen to many red zebras like this guy, are his color and patterns common?

ForumRunner_20130711_224220.jpg

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think so. None of the red zebras i have seen have had fins like that.

I agree the patterns on the fins aren't normal but I think he is a hybrid red zebra nice fish!

Mine had fin patterns like that its really cool to look at full grown

My Red Zebra female looks exactly the same. The male reds that turn yellow/orange/reddish, tend to have LESS color than their counterpart females...and at 4"+ will tend to be a duller orange to yellow as they grow older. Great mbunas, have a bad rap for being aggressive, but mine are nice tankmates for other peacocks, haps and mbuna I have.

Also, dont be fooled by the eggspots, imo yours is female. Females will have three or less eggspots "predominantly"....whereas males will have 3+

Also, dont be fooled by the eggspots, imo yours is female. Females will have three or less eggspots "predominantly"....whereas males will have 3+

I don't think it is female, a few times I've seen him challenging a larger male Cobalt.

Back
Top Bottom