Community tank cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I have a 26 gal bow front currently planting it what would be a tough cichlid to put in this tank the stock is 6 neons 4 rummy nose 4 platties. I want something colorful, something that would look well in the flora max light

There's some very colourful dwarf cichlids like german blue rams, bolivian rams, apistogramma agassizii, apistogramma cacatuoides, apistogramma steindachneri, dicrossus filamentosus. Are a few to look at.

My Lfs gets them in every so often, lhes the man,this is his girlfriend..

image-2988108022.jpg

Yes they can be your correct, its probably one to try when you're more experienced, please Google the rest I mentioned though.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

GBR are not fragile. ( at least in my experience ) they were one of the first fish I got, when I didn't know much about fish keeping. And they survived through everything! I've switched them between tanks, introduced a 3rd GBR and all 3 are doing great. I really don think they are as fragile as people point them out to be. Just make sure your temp is around 78-80

Ok I'll take a look at the rest fishy friends mentioned but I have a good bit exp. with fish so I might give the gbr a try

GBR are not fragile. ( at least in my experience ) they were one of the first fish I got, when I didn't know much about fish keeping. And they survived through everything! I've switched them between tanks, introduced a 3rd GBR and all 3 are doing great. I really don think they are as fragile as people point them out to be. Just make sure your temp is around 78-80

Sorry to say I should have mentioned I'm speaking from a British prospective, we seem to have weak European bred rams that tend to fade after a few months. It maybe totally different in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom