compatibility situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmk6

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 120 gallon lake Malawi tank. I purchased this tank used. It has a school of 11giant danios and 1 beautiful Sail fin pleco. The former owner already had the Ph setup for the syno catfish. I have since stocked the tank with mbuna. My question is though the water Parameters have not yet hurt the pleco should I look to my aquarium club for a possible relocate of my pleco?

Plecos are very strong fish and can adapt to changes easier than most other fish. How big is your Pleco at the moment?

Your Pleco should be fine in the tank if you want to keep him but after they get so big they do more harm than good as they have a huge bio-load. You could look into a syno catfish or a bristle nose Pleco as they don't get as big as a common and their bio-load is a lot smaller also.

it is about one foot long and I have nicknamed it junk due to its bioload

I have 2 bristle nose plecs in my mbuna tank w syno petricola. They seem to be thriving. I use cichlid sand and crushed coral which buffers the ph up and makes the water harder.

You know Sailfin Plecos can get up to 18", right? That's a big fish

(hey, that was my 500th post ;) )
Not too worried about that with my 120 gallon if it were a smaller tank then my concerns would be greater. I need to get some pics posted. I am like some overly proud parent with that tank.

Back
Top Bottom