Compatible larger cichlids for a 55gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
My wifes sisters boyfriend has a 55g long with a mix of fish that I am unaware of. He called me today asking what fish that are larger and more aggressive but compatible for his tank. Keep in mind I'll be inheriting his stock to deal with at my discretion. He wanted an Oscar and I said no. So any suggestions on compatible species that can have more then 1 but are fairly larger and aggressive.

We really need to know what fish are in there before we can recommend any

And how many fish does he have? The larger cichlids are going to need more then a 55 if they are in there alone, let alone if the tank is already stocked. I think he'll have to stay away from most if not all larger cichlids unless he gets a bigger tank.

He's completely restocking I'm getting the old stock so all new fish going in all old coming out

If every fish he has is gone depending on filtration if he wants a solo fish you could get a male jack dempsey. Or a red devil. Or you could get a pair of like severums or some other mid sized cichlid like salvinis.

Forgot about those green terrors are a great fish very colorful.

Back
Top Bottom