Confused on cichlid tank readings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
21g aquarium minus your rocks sand...Dont mess with your pH with that aquarium cause of the low vol. of water you have. You moving them soon? Wondering if the small aquarium is the issue here now.....

Yes im planning on moving them as soon as i can. They are around an inch so i am looking for a bigger tank but space is tight as i allready have 11 or 12 tanks. I was told by the breeder that they would do fine in my 80l tank becuase of the filtration. Should have cheched on here first!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Would having too many cichlids in a tank stop fish from breeding? I have a few sunshines which have bred before, and i recently added a couple of red zebras, but one is very dominant towards the other male that bred with the sunshine would this usually stop them?

You pretty much answered your own question.

At only an inch your cichlids are fine for now with your aquarium and the filter. Just odd....with your test. Have you tested the other aquarium?

Yes i test regually ammonia reads 0
Ph is around 7 and nitrites and nitrates are fine
I have a gh and kh test should i do them on the cichlid tank tomorrow?
So i would be testing
Ph
High range
Ammonia
Nitrate
Nitrite
Gh
Kh

Okay ill test tomorrow and let you know should i add more rocks or more filtration and also what about cichlid trace elements and salt should i be adding them. When i do a water change i fill a 30l bucket the night before with a powerhead in it and a heater add dechlor and check temps before i add to tank, is this when i would add the salt and trace elements? The night before?

Dont add anything....Your filter is fine...no more rock is needed. I use prime in my aquarium, I take out the water.... drop a few caps of prime and add water. Just have to wait for your BB to settle in & that might be a reason for your pH swing as well.

Back
Top Bottom