congos with an angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got 5, 2" congo tetras in a 29 gallon tank with a 4" angelfish. I just put the congos in less than 24 hours ago (actually around 4:00 PM yesterday). They all seem to huddle in a corner behind some plants and rarely venture out. The angelfish generally ignores them but he does slip over and check them out from time to time, in an aggressive way :evil: . However, the congos just avoid the angelfish and move somewhere else in the tank. This doesn't happen continually. Anyway, I assume this is just normal behavior for the congos in a new home and that they will eventually begin to "cruise" back and forth in the tank. I also think the angelfish will get used to them as he doesn't pester the blue gourami anymore and the blue gourami kinda hid under the filter lips the first couple of days. The congos are certainly too aesthetically pleasing to have to look for them when you look at the tank. These fish are immature and are just at the stage where you can tell the sexes apart, and they are already nicely colored. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance. :oops:

still hiding

Well, my congos are still hiding in a corner. Anyone have any ideas about them venturing out?

Not sure of the answer. I have certainly seen congos in with angels before. Have you tried feeding bloodworms. Sometimes feeding gets fish going.

THANKS

Many thanks mattrox! :D :D :D I was wondering if I was going to get an answer. I don't have any fresh bloodworms but I do have dried ones. I have some earthworms that I wash and cut up for my loaches. Maybe they would "light the fire". This morning the congos were moving around a little better and roaming further. The angelfish really doesn't bother them much. I think they are just intimidated by the size of the angelfish and they may have never been around one before.

I keep congos with angels, but in a much bigger tank. My congos were skiddish in the beginning but not so much now. Give them some time.

Back
Top Bottom