Considering Africans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, the less common labs are very attractive and are rare (from what I've read). If you can find them, I want to know where you bought them and I will definately be making a bee-line for that place. :D

I'm almost sure I will order online, we just don't have the selection I want around here. :)

Have you asked your LFS what they can order?
btw. It took me till last week to realize you lived in bloomington.. I have family near there and I drive past to visit my mom.. :mrgreen:

Well I used to live in Central Kentucky LOL! :D I lived there for 7 years, went to high school there, and almost ended up at UK instead of IU. I have family there and am seriously considering moving to Louisville when my BF graduates.

I have asked my LFS for special orders before. Occasionally it works out, but most of the time their supplier screws up the order and I don't get what I want. I have ordered apistos on numerous occasions and never received any (this has been going on for over a year). :roll: Plus, my LFS can be kinda pricey. I don't think it will cost me any more to order direct from a breeder and pay shipping than to pay $10-15 per fish at my LFS.

Which is not to say I don't like doing business there. :D Sometimes they have fish that I fall in love with and I just have to get, like my nannacara anomala, my wild caught firemouth, and my twig catfish.

Thats cool 8)

I guess I would just check with the LFS.. like you said, the distributor has screwed up your orders before (personaly I wouldn't take the wrong fish) and cost is definatly a consideration (shipping online can make the LFS option more affordable)..
If my LFS is waiting for me to fall in love with one of the fish they have.. well they would go broke.. :lol: He has these golden rams that have coloration that looks more like GBR's there really nice but Im not in any hurry to get them :lol:

Back
Top Bottom