Convict cichlid toughness!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be more specific from another new world cichlid/southamerican cichlid.

my little convicts have no problem holding their own against my JD (he's almost twice their size) and jewel (my jewel is small, but feisty) they come at my JD as one, gills flaring

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130719_220134.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130719_220134.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 77
I guess I should say I think they could hold their own separately too, although my big one does seem to do more of the scrapping =) So, it might just depend on the fish...

Cool I was just wondering like if they weren't attacking them being attacked but thanks and nice fish!

Thank you, at first I was worried about them being way smaller than my JD, but they're fine. They are growing quickly too, a noticable difference in like a week or so! (I'm feeding nls) If they are male and female and become a pair I will have to separate them or get them a tank of their own. I've heard they can be very aggressive when breeding

Well mine are getting beat up now): not really bad the smallest one is a little stressed though):

When I first started out I put cons in with my mbuna not knowing any better and they were beaten, I was able to save one of em they were a pair.

I have Black, Pink AND Yellow Convicts (1-4in) in with two 10+ Oscars, an 8in JD, a 10 inch Nic and two 6in Geos....they've all been in there together for 1.5years and I've never had a problem....the Convicts and Oscars breed even...although it is a LARGE tank, so that probably helps also....

Back
Top Bottom