convict color change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdrawdy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So apparently my convict finally picked a cave after weeks of being open season. This morning i awoke to find him remodeling his new digs by way of mouthfuls of sand, and ferociously squaring off with any approaching fish (even those much larger than he). Weirdest thing though, basically overnight his face has turned completely black from his mouth to just under his eyes. Not particularly concerned, but are any of you guys familiar with this phenomenon?

Happened to my convict to. Mostly when he was competing with my oscar for food. Convicts can get territorial and can devastate, especially in pairs. Nothing to worry about, my convict still does it, and he's really happy anyways.

So apparently my convict finally picked a cave after weeks of being open season. This morning i awoke to find him remodeling his new digs by way of mouthfuls of sand, and ferociously squaring off with any approaching fish (even those much larger than he). Weirdest thing though, basically overnight his face has turned completely black from his mouth to just under his eyes. Not particularly concerned, but are any of you guys familiar with this phenomenon?

Ive had literally hundreds of convicts the colours get darker as they mature and compete for dominance

Back
Top Bottom